Frequently asked questions
Who qualifies for Social Housing?
To qualify and be placed on the Housing Needs Register, you must:
- be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- be legally competent to enter into a contract;
- be over the age of 18 years;
- have a combined household income of less than/not exceeding R15 000 per month;
- do not currently, and have not previously owned property;
- never have benefitted from a government housing subsidy before.
How do I register on the City of Cape Town Housing Database?
What do I need to submit to the City of Cape Town Housing Database?
You will need to submit:
- a certified copy of your ID and spouse’s ID, if applicable;
- a completed Housing Assistance Form;
- certified copies of your children’s birth certificates, if applicable;
- certified copies of marriage or divorce certificates, if applicable;
- details of special needs within the household, and supporting documents such as medical records;
- proof of address.
When can I apply?
Applications will open in October 2021; please sign-up to stay up to date and to be one of the first to receive an application form.
When will the housing blocks be completed?
We expect 432 units to be ready for tenant occupation by December 2021. Be sure to sign-up to stay up to date and to be one of the first to receive an application form.
Expected contract term?
All lease agreements will be for a minimum period of 12-months.
Rentals will range from R800 – R5 000 per month, depending on the unit type you qualify for which is based on your combined household income.
Will there be any additional fees?
Here are some fees you need to keep in mind when applying at Conradie Park Social Housing:
- Application fee – R350, covers the review and processing of you application form.
- Administration fee – R200, only payable if your application has been successful. This covers the administration and lease agreement.
- Deposit – Amount due will depend on your unit type, and is usually payable upfront before key handover takes place.
- Utilities – Pre-paid electricity and water will be billed on consumption. Both the cold and hot water will be metered and billed at different rates.
How will utilities be billed?
Electricity is pre-paid and the water is billed on consumption – both the cold and hot water will be metered and billed at different rates.
What about parking?
There will be limited parking spaces available per unit, which will be secured with biometric access control. Parking will be an additional charge to the rental.
What kind of units will be available?
The following units will be available at Conradie Park:
- Studio (bachelors – Primary)
- 1 Bedroom (Primary)
- 1 Bedroom (Secondary)
- 2 Bedroom (Secondary)
- 2 Bedroom Duplex (Secondary)
Are the units pet friendly?
No pets are allowed at the Conradie Park Social Housing units.
How can I dry my washing?
There will be communal washing line areas on the roof under 24/7 CCTV surveillance.
Will the units have built-in cupboards and stoves?
The units will not have any built in cupboard or stoves.