Frequently asked questions
How do I register on the City of Cape Town Housing Database?
Who qualifies for Social Housing?
To qualify and be placed on the Housing Needs Register, you must:
- be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- be legally competent to enter into a contract;
- be over the age of 18 years;
- have a combined household income of less than/not exceeding R15 000 per month;
- do not currently, and have not previously owned property;
- never have benefitted from a government housing subsidy before.
What do I need to submit to the City of Cape Town Housing Database?
You will need to submit:
- a certified copy of your ID and spouse’s ID, if applicable;
- a completed Housing Assistance Form;
- certified copies of your children’s birth certificates, if applicable;
- certified copies of marriage or divorce certificates, if applicable;
- details of special needs within the household, and supporting documents such as medical records;
- proof of address.
When can I apply?
Applications have not opened yet; sign-up to stay up to date and to be one of the first to receive an application form.
When will the housing blocks be completed.
We expect first tenant occupation to take place in October / November. Be sure to sign-up to stay up to date and to be one of the first to receive an application form.
Expected contract term?
What kind of units will be available?
The following units will be available at Conradie Park:
- Studio (bachelors – Primary)
- 1 Bedroom (Primary)
- 1 Bedroom (Secondary)
- 2 Bedroom (Secondary)
- 2 Bedroom Duplex (Secondary)
How will utilities be billed?
Electricity is pre-paid and the water is billed on consumption – both the cold and hot water will be metered and billed at different rates.
Are the units pet friendly?
No pets are allowed at the Conradie Park Social Housing units.
What about parking?
There will be limited parking spaces available per unit, parking spaces will be billed at an additional charge to the rental.
How can I dry my washing?
There will be communal washing line areas on the roof under 24/7 CCTV surveillance.
Will the units have built-in cupboards and stoves?
The units will not have any built in cupboard or stoves.