The Application Process
From Monday 23 March our applications office will be closed.
We will only handle online applications, please continue to read the application information below.
Do You Qualify?
You qualify for social housing if:
- You are a South African citizen or have a permanent residency permit.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are married or living with a partner.
- You are single or divorced.
- You have a steady monthly household income of between R1 501 and R15 000 before deductions.
Affordability is calculated on the COMBINED income of the occupants.
|Household Income||Monthly Rental*||Unity Type|
*Excludes utilities, water and electricity
Own Haven Housing Associations has appointed Crackerjack as Milkwoods’ applications administrators. Crackerjack will liaise with applicants up until the application is approved. Crackerjack is authorized, once the applicant’s consent has been given, to contact, request and obtain information from any credit provider (or potential credit provider) or registered credit bureau relevant to an assessment of the behaviour, profile, payment patterns, indebtedness, whereabouts, and creditworthiness of the applicant.
Please read our application conditions carefully:
- An administration fee of R300.00 is required before the application is processed.
- An administration fee of R150.00 is required on signature of the lease agreement.
- If a unit is not occupied within three months from the date of the initial application, a new application is to be submitted and the non-refundable application fee of R300 paid again.
- Please note that completing and signing this application to rent does not certify that you will be given occupation of the specified property.
- Relevant deposits are required.
- Your deposit will be held in an interest bearing account.
- All monies are payable on approval of the lease agreement.
- On vacation, carpets will be steam cleaned and the whole unit repainted. These costs and any claims for damages and rental due will be deducted from the deposit held.
- Rental is due in advance on or before the 1st working day of each month and interest is payable on late payments.
- Debit order instructions are mandatory.
- No animals allowed.
- An inspection will be carried out with a company official on occupation and any snags thereafter must be submitted in writing to the office within 7 days.
- The Lessor has the right to give notice of cancellation of the lease should clauses and conditions as stated in the tenant handbook not be upheld.
- Number of occupants is limited to two persons per bedroom.
- Additional gate remote controls available at a cost of R150.00.
- Reasonable access to be given to prospective tenants during notice month.
- Electricity and water are NOT included in the rental – most developments have pre-paid electricity meters installed. Water charges are calculated based on individual consumption.
What To Expect
- Complete the online application form.
- We will review your information.
- We get back to you within 1 working day with provisional application results by email or telephone call.
- Should you be provisionally approved you will be required to email us with the following:
- Copy of your SA Identity Document
- ID / birth certificates for all occupants
- Marriage / divorce certificate
- Current payslip
- Proof of payment of your R300 non-refundable application fee
- 3 months bank statements
- Confirmation of employment letter from your employer
- We will get back to you within 2 working days with your application results by email or telephone call.
- We will provide you with detailed instructions guiding you through the application process on an email that will be sent to you after you have submitted an online application form.
Viewings may only be arranged if an application has been submitted and approved.
Viewings of our apartments, is by appointment only.